Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yesterday, I made her cry. Alaina. Oops. I don't want to be that bitchy boss. That was never the point. But, she's made my job harder in gads of ways and I just have been beside myself with how to handle. Thankfully, S and Marge, another great individual, have been phenomenal mentors. So glad for that!!

Well, today, the crocuses are blooming, daffodils are starting to peek through and the concrete is crumbling all over the place. The fountains are falling apart and the cement patch work isn't holding. It's due to the winter cold and water and, perhaps, the fact that these things are 100 years old. Whatever, now it's my job to save it. So, the fountains are emptied and the concrete is crumbling. Awesome. But, I was a task manager today and explored all of the grounds with the outside guys today and made a loooooooonnnnnnggggg list of things we need to pay attention to. Yikes. But, when I saw the concrete issue, Rodney had a good thought to just call a local pool place to see if they have a suggestion for the patchwork instead of using regular concrete from the Lowe's or Home Depot. I tasked him with finding people to come out and take care of the recommendations and that's done. So - good.

Also, I'm meeting with a Visual Impact rep tomorrow to talk about movies on the lawn, concerts, etc. Should be pretty cool.

Trying to follow up with the University's marketing people to get the logo and imagery so I can get uniforms ordered.

Scheduling an 'investigation' with the Paranormal people I met with a week and a half ago. I mean, why not?

Picked out uniforms, tentatively, but have anxiety over choosing them. Of all the things.

Could have smacked Rodney when he said he 'had always wanted to be trailer trash' in front of E, who lives in a trailer on property. I chastised him, he apologized to her, but I could have throttled him. Complete insensitivity. My God.

Have been arguing for health care reform on facebook today. Haven't had time to be on facebook in the last two months much, so it's been kind of a nice reprieve today.

Had a few complaint calls against Kenmare. Awesome. Another thing to deal with.

Alright, that's the log for today. With concrete crumbling around us, balconies leaning perilously over some areas and a basement that's certain to flood with the next big rain, I remain...

Generally managing.

No comments:

Post a Comment